Thursday, March 4, 2010

Honesty Challenge

I challenge you to be honest.

That's right, I am challenging you, all of you, everyone to be honest with yourselves and those surrounding you. I want you to announce at least one truth about yourself every day for the length of a week, starting whenever you want. That means seven days of at least seven honest facts or statements about YOU. Send a note card, plurk it, post it on your myspace or facebook, email it, get it out there. SL or RL, just be honest!

Some of you are sitting here reading this thinking of how ridiculous I must be for suggesting such a thing. You hide behind your computers and pretend Second Life has no relevance or relation to your real lives, but it is a crock of shit. If SL didn't have any connection to who you are behind the screen, you wouldn't log in and live your second lives, much less the way you do. So buck up and spill your beans.

7 comments:

Moggs Oceanlane said...

I think the best truths are those you discover as you get to know someone... those that aren't revealed with any particular intent or ceremony but that are shared just as part of the process of getting to know each other.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I think you generalize the masses here when you say... "You hide behind your computers and pretend Second Life has no relevance or relation to your real lives"...I don't know who those people are, but i really don't hang with anyone that thinks like this. SL is an extension of our lives and as long as we participate.. it always will be. Though I think people do tend to not be honest with themselves for many reasons. I don't think it starts with SL, but in their RL to begin with.

xXBryonyXx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thema Felix said...

I'm thinking about adapting this for my RL blog community. Thanks for the idea :)

Prudence said...

@ Moggs, I agree with you. This is more of a lighthearted challenge to reveal little quirks or things we normally don't admit to.

@ Venk, Thank you for pointing out how your preceived my challenged. I've just amended my challenge to better state my intention. I appreciate your comment.

@ Thema, I am glad you like the idea :)

Anonymous said...

I liked this challenge.
I agree with this challenge and your post.
And I, for one, think you did a good thing.