Monday, March 8, 2010

Honesty Challenge Part Two

With my recent challenge a lot of drama has been stirred up. People claiming left and right that I have an ill intent with this challenge or that I am attacking the public. I'd like to clear up any confusion in my first mention of the Challenge. I did unintentionally generalize the masses, as was kindly pointed out to me today. That was not my intent. A good handful of the Second Life population claim their second and first lives have no relation. Zero. My statements were to address that, as I personally beg to differ. Your Second Life is another piece of your real life, regardless of how you see it. If Second Life didn't affect you or be of some significance to your real life, you wouldn't log in anymore. That said, yes I know people live seperate lives entirely from their first life. Which was my point.

On another note, I don't take back the fact that I think people aren't honest. It's our nature as humans to lie, whether it is an unintended bluff or a malicious deception. It is plain fact, and we all know that. I have discovered that online it is more common and easier to deceive people. That is why I commented about the untruths of Second Life users. It was not an attack on the public or anyone specifically. It's a statement of truth.

Lastly, I completely agree with not participating in this apparently controversial challenge for personal purposes. I would never ask you to bare your life information. I completely understand people being private about their lives to any extent, or just not desiring to participate whether it's because you just don't feel like it or your don't agree with it. It is like a board game. You wont play it if you don't want to. Period.

My challenge is intended solely to put facts about ourselves out there, no matter how minuscule and plain they may seem. Whatever makes you comfortable, and whatever you want to put out there whether it be a serious subject or as silly as being obsessed with Hello Kitty. I'm not asking you to divulged your inner most secrets, throw all of your personal information out there, or set yourself up for disaster. The idea is to find commonalities you may have with others that you didn't know where there before. Yes, this is getting to know people in a different format. What of it?

Honestly, it's as simple as telling the world your favorite color is yellow. Please don't look into this challenge for more than it is.

On another note, I have been reading some wonderful confessions. I'm glad a lot of you have taken on this challenge. It's lovely to see what little quirks and not-so-secret secrets everyone has!

No comments: